Fish Report for 7-18-2019
Best Fishing Bets for The Weekend
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Best bets for weekend fishing
- Warmwater fishing has been good on Siltcoos and Tahkenitch lakes as well as many other lakes in the Florence area.
- Ocean coho fishing has been really good out of Newport, Depoe Bay and Winchester Bay.
- Anglers continue to catch 12- to 16-inch trout on Howard Prairie Reservoir. Wind drifting, trolling, still-fishing and fly-fishing are all producing fish.
- Summer steelhead numbers are increasing in the middle and upper Rogue. Now would be a good time to hit the water.
- Grab your hiking boots and your fishing rod, and hike-in to one of the many high mountain lakes ODFW stocks. Here’s a list.
- It’s not too soon to hit the lower Deschutes for some early summer steelhead action.
- Phillips Reservoir has been stocked with approximately 14,000 legal-size and 4,500 trophy-size rainbow trout this year. ‘Nuf said.
- In the Grande Ronde River, anglers are catching good-size trout in the roadless section, and bass in the lower river between Troy and the WA state line.
- Trout fishing has been good on the Wallowa River with fish taking stoneflies and caddies patterns below the surface.
Clatsop beaches closed to razor clamming until Sept. 30
The popular razor clamming beaches in Clatsop County (from Tillamook Head in Seaside to the mouth of the Columbia River) are closed to clamming through Sept. 30 for the annual conservation closure.
Sign up for shotgun skills and pheasant hunting workshops
These workshops fill quickly, so register soon!
During the pheasant hunting workshops you’ll participate in an actual hunt with the help of a volunteer and their trained hunting dog. This is a great introduction to upland bird hunting. All participants must complete a required shotgun skills class before attending a hunting workshop.
Header photo by Kathy Munsel
July 24 Meeting in Newport on Proposed Regulation Change Requiring Marking for Recreational Cab Gear
Oregon recreational crabbers can learn about a proposed regulation change for recreational crabbing gear and provide their input at an...... Read More
ODFW Sets Temporary Wild Fall Chinook Salmon Seasons for Coastal Rivers
ODFW sets temporary wild fall Chinook salmon seasons for coastal rivers: Reduced bag limits, closures this year due to poor...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net