Fish Report for 9-12-2019
Highlights from this week’s Recreation Report:
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Hunters: Sync your app before going into the field
If you’re e-tagging this year, here are some tips for tagging. Also, a few ideas for keeping paper tags dry.
September seasons for bird hunters
It’s time to get the scattergun out for some early season bird hunting. And since your best hunting buddy is likely your bird dog, better plan on taking him/her, too.
- Forest grouse, quail and mourning dove all opened Sept. 1.
- There is a short season for band-tailed pigeons from Sept. 15-23.
- Denman, Fern Ridge and Sauvie Island wildlife areas all have fee pheasant hunts in September.
- The September Canada goose season opens Sept. 7.
- And for kids, there are youth pheasant hunts throughout the state, and special youth upland bird hunts on several ODFW wildlife areas (see page 26 of the Oregon Game Bird Regulations for dates and locations).
Fall is a perfect time for trout
Combine uncrowded conditions, a nip in the air and cooler water to put trout on the bite, stir in a little late season stocking, and you have all the ingredients for what may be the best trout season of the year.
- This is a good time to revisit those waterbodies that were regularly stocked this spring and summer. There are still plenty of fish around and they’ll be energized by the cooling temperatures.
- At high elevation and hike-in lakes, fish will start feeding aggressively as they get ready for the upcoming winter.
- In rivers and streams, trout are starting to move closer to shore to feed.
Check out the zone reports for the best trout fishing near you.
Trout Tuesday Report ODFWRogue River Upper
It’s Trout Tuesday, and coastal cutthroat trout on the Rogue and Applegate rivers are doing well, as this beauty, caught...... Read More
Recreational razor clamming open from Coquille River to California borderCoquille River
The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) announce the opening or razor...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net