Fish Report for 10-22-2020
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Take a hunter education class
Take the workbook or online version of the course, then sign up for a field day. Here’s everything you’ll need to know.
Duck hunting workshop, Nov. 14-15 in Coquille
Learn everything you need to know to go duck hunting in this two-day workshop that includes a bit of classroom instruction, more hands-on training and a lot of an actual duck hunt. Learn more and register.
Hunting, fishing and wildfire danger
Get the latest updates on access, closures, impacts
With the extreme season in Oregon, hunters and anglers should check ahead about possible closures, restrictions and cancellations. We are updating access conditions as we can in the Recreation Report. However, conditions can change quickly, and in between updates.
To help you find the latest information regarding public access, closures and other wildfire-related issues, we’ve created this webpage on MyODFW.com. Here you’ll find the latest ODFW closures and cancellations, as well as links to land management agencies and their current notices.
Best bets for weekend fishing
Fall fishing continues for trout, salmon and steelhead.
- Nestucca, Tillamook, and Nehalem bays are all producing Fall Chinook. Fish are being caught regularly throughout the bays and tidewaters.
- Yellow perch fishing on Tenmile Lake continues to be excellent. While topwater lures, crankbaits and wacky rigged stick baits are all catching largemouth bass especially in the bays and arms of the lake.
- Several lakes and ponds in the SW Zone recently have been stocked with fall trout – see the zone report for details.
- On the McKenzie River below Leaburg Lake, trout released as part of an emergency fire evacuation are still hanging around downstream of the dam. Good fishing has resulted.
- The mainstem Santiam River and the lower North Santiam are seeing a large influx of coho salmon right now. 10/21/20
- Steelhead are now distributed throughout the lower 100 miles of the Deschutes River.
- Warner Pond was fishing great last week for rainbow trout in the 9- to 17-inch range.
- Fishing has been excellent at some of the high elevation lakes in the Sky Lakes and Mountain Lakes Wilderness
ODFW’s Williamson River boat ramp reopensWilliamson River
Klamath Falls, Ore. – The Williamson River boat ramp at Chiloquin will be reopening to the public on Oct. 17 after...... Read More
ODFW Recreation Report
Take a hunter education class Take the workbook or online version of the course, then sign up for a field day....... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net