Fish Report for 11-12-2020
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Free Fishing Days
#optoutside for Black Friday
The Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving are Free Fishing Days in Oregon. That means you can fish, crab or clam for free – no license, tag or endorsement required. Some restrictions apply, as in all current closures, bag limits and other regulations still apply.
Wild turkey season continues
Plenty time to get a holiday bird
Fall turkey will be open through January 2021, and this year there are no limits on the total number of fall turkey tags available. Reminder: The White River fall turkey hunt has been closed.
Best bets for fishing
Stormy weather the weekend in many parts of the state may put a “damper” on fishing. But hardy anglers can still find opportunity.
- Expect coastal river levels to rise with this weekend’s rain. However, anglers who can should be ready to hit the water early next week as water levels begin to fall.
- On the Middle Rogue, anglers are still targeting summer steelhead. This week’s rain should help get them on the move again
- Recent rains should have improved coho fishing in Siltcoos, Tahkenitch and Tenmile lakes.
- Coho numbers have been excellent in the North Fork Santiam.
- Several fisheries in the SW Zone were stocked in October with legal and larger trout. Some of these fish are likely still around. Might be worth a trip to Bradley, Butterfield, Upper Empire and Saunders lakes, Lost Creek Reservoir or Powers Pond.
- Several Willamette Valley locations also were stocked with legal or larger trout in October or early November. These locations include Foster Reservoir, Waverly Pond, Walling Pond, Walter Wirth Lake, Alton Baker Canoe Canal Pond, Cottage Grove Pond, Junction City Pond and Timber Linn Lake.
- Anglers have reported good fishing for rainbow trout at Malheur Reservoir. With some trout over 20 inches being caught.
- Campbell and Deadhorse Lakes were both recently stocked with larger rainbow trout averaging 1 lb each. These lakes will fish well until the snow limits access, and both can be a great late fall fisheries.
- Redband trout fishing for both boat and bank anglers is improving on Upper Klamath and Agency lakes.
- Many of the ponds in Baker and Union counties have been stocked this fall and fishing should be good.
- Both Deadhorse and Campbell lakes were stocked with trout last week.
Take a hunter education class
Take the workbook or online version of the course, then sign up for a field day. Here’s everything you’ll need to know.
It's Boat Registration Renewal Time
The Oregon State Marine Board will be emailing boat registration renewals to boaters who have an email on file for...... Read More
ODFW Recreation Report
Check for big game and game bird updates We’ve updated the hunting updates for this issue of the Recreation Report. Check...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net