Fish Report for 1-18-2021
Good Grade of Rockfish
by Dockside Charters Staff
We were able to get out again yesterday on a decent ocean. The Rockfish bit well and a good grade of fish was taken. The Ling Cod bite was slower but a few fishermen took some nice ones home. The crabbing was very slow again. Tuesday the marine forecast is looking good. Not much swell or wind. We have space available so give us a call @ 541-765-2545 or make a reservation on line at www.docksidedepoebay.com
The nearshore marine forecast looks quite good for several days, at least through Saturday. A great opportunity to go fishing.
Seasonal info will be posted as it becomes available:
The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission adopted rules for the sport groundfish fishery in 2021 (all begin January 1 unless otherwise noted), changes for 2021 in bold:
· Bottomfish depth restriction: 40 fathoms, June 1 – August 31.
· General marine bag limit: 6 fish
o Copper, quillback, and China rockfish: 1 fish sub-bag
o Cabezon: 1 fish sub-bag; opens July 1
· Lingcod: 2 fish bag
· Flatfish: 25 fish bag
· Longleader fishery: 10-fish bag, specified midwater rockfish only; seaward of 40 fm; specified gear; cannot be combined with groundfish or halibut except as noted below
· Longleader fishing allowed after halibut fishing on all-depth halibut trips during the bottomfish depth restriction (June 1 – August 31).
o All fishing with halibut gear on the same trip must be completed before any rockfish are retained.
o Longleader bag limit, gear, and all other rules apply.
o ODFW is developing an informational handout describing this new combined opportunity, which will be posted on our website (paper copies available upon request).
· Descending devices required on all vessels fishing for groundfish or halibut, and must be used when releasing any rockfish when seaward of 30 fathoms
2021 Starting Off With A Real Rip Snorting Storm
We are getting 2021 started with a real rip snorting storm. High winds and seas are forecast to go at...... Read More
Dockside Charters Report
The Surfrider got underway last Saturday for five hours of fishing for Rockfish, Ling Cod and Crab. The bite was slower than expected but they persevered and got the majority of their Rockfish a decent number of Lings and better than a half dozen crab per crabber. We had a trip scheduled on the Surfrider again for this Saturday (the 19th) but the marine forecast is hideous. High winds and high seas will make for an ocean to watch safely...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net