Fish Report for 3-5-2021
Best bets for Weekend fishing
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Best bets for Weekend fishing
- Water temperatures are warming up in many parts of the state. That might just put more fish on the bite:
- Steelhead fishing on the Nestucca River should be good over the weekend, even it it’s running a little high.
- After a slow-ish start, winter steelhead fishing is picking up a bit on the Alsea.
- Reinhardt Pond in Grants Pass and Expo Pond in Central Point will be receiving rainbow trout stockings this week.
- Lost Creek and Willow lakes are good bets for trout fishing. Both have good boat access and weather looks great over the next week.
- Trout stocking is well underway in the Willamette Zone. Check the updates for locations that have been recently stocked.
- Kokanee fishing has been excellent in Lake Billy Chinook.
- And trout fishing has been excellent in the Crooked River.
- When boats have been able to get out, bottomfishing in the ocean has been good.
Apply for your big game tags
Three reasons to apply early
- Avoid the long lines of last-minute applicants.
- Give yourself time for questions during the application process.
- Have time to edit your application, if needed.
Youth and adult turkey hunting clinics
Spring turkey season opens April 15
Let us help you get ready for the spring turkey season. These clinics will give you a look at everything you’ll need to hunt turkey later this spring. Find out more, and register.
Introduction to hunting big game in Oregon
This two-hour course will provide new adult hunters with a broad overview of hunting in Oregon and more specifically the knowledge to get started on their big game hunting journey. Check for dates and times, and to register for an upcoming course.
Sign up for a hunter ed field day
If you were unable to complete a field day last year due to COVID restrictions, you’re not off the hook. The temporary rule expires on March 31, and you’ll still need to complete a field day before you can hunt for bear or turkey this spring. Find a field day.
OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Reportsfor Thursday, March 4th
Ben Irving Reservoir: With Warming Weather Fish Will Start to Be More Active
Chetco River: Clear & Low Water Conditions This Week
Cooper Creek Reservoir: Warmer Weather Might Have The Fish on The Bite
Diamond Lake: There Have Been Some Anglers Catching Some Nice Trout
Elk River: Anglers Are Doing Pretty Good on Steelhead
Galesville Reservoir: Reservoir is On The Rise
Illinois River: Conditions Are Extremely Clear
Lost Creek Lake: Anglers Reporting Good Success By The Marina
Rogue River- Lower: Anglers Still Picking up Good Size Steelhead
Rogue River - Middle: More Winter Fish Are Showing Up Everyday
Rogue River- Upper: Upper Rogue River Report
Umpqua River: Umpqua River Report
Alsea River: There Have Been a Few Good Days For Bank Anglers
Kilchis River: The Kilchis is Low & Clear
Necanicum River: Necanicum River Report
Nehalem River: Main Stem Nehalem is Getting into Good Conditions
Nestucca River: Nestucca is in Prime Condition Right Now
Siletz River: Steelhead Fishing Has Picked Up
Siuslaw River: Fishing Continues To Be Slow Despite Good Conditions
Trask River: Trask is in Decent Shape Right Now
Wilson River: There Have Been Good Days But Ther're Sporadic
Dexter Reservoir: Recently Stocked
Santiam River ( North Fork) Above Detroit Lake: Santiam River North Fork Report
Smith Reservoir: Smith Reservoir Update
Crooked River: Fishing Has Been Good
Lake Billy Chinook: Kokanee Fishing Has Been Excellent
Brownlee Reservoir: Brownlee Reservoir Update
: Invasive zebra mussels found in aquarium product sold at aquarium and pet supply stores
: $1,000 reward linked to deer killed with blow gun darts
Older than dinosaurs, Oregon’s lampreys are fascinating fishes
SALEM, Ore – Older than dinosaurs and still remaining primitive with boneless bodies, lampreys are fascinating fishes. A new ODFW...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net