Cultus Lake Fish Report for 3-8-2022
2022 Cultus Lake Resort Fish Derby
Cultus Lake - La Pine, OR (Deschutes County)
by Fish Reports Staff
Online registration is open for our 2022 Cultus Lake Resort Fish Derby! We're looking forward to returning to our normal derby format, including our Friday night appetizer party!
2022 Derby Details
- There will be a Friday night kick-off party on May 20th, where we will review the rules and enjoy appetizers and beer on the house. The event will run from 5pm - 7pm.
- All participants must check in with the Cultus front desk prior to participating in the event to receive their derby ticket. Participants may check in anytime on Friday May 20th, or Saturday morning prior to fishing.
- Entry fee is $100 per participant. Each individual must have their own entry registration to be allowed on any boats participating in the derby.
- Prizes and trophies will be distributed on Sunday May 22nd at 4:15pm in the lodge.
- If you register and pay your derby fee by May 1st, 2022, you'll receive a free derby tee shirt.
- All participants must read and obey by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s synapses.
- Derby will start at 6:00am and end at 6:00pm on Saturday May 21st. The derby will then start again at 6:00am and end at 4:00pm on Sunday May 22nd, 2022. Anyone who fishes before or after these times will be disqualified from the derby and will not be given a refund of their entry fee.
- All fish must be alive when weighed in.
- All fish will be weighed and measured at Cultus Lake Resort’s dock by official judge.
- Winner will be determined by weight.
- NOVICE ONLY! NO PROFESSIONALS OR GUIDES WILL BE ALLOWED! This means anyone that is sponsored by anyone or who gets paid to fish. You may not hire a professional guide. If professionals or guides enter the derby, they will automatically be disqualified and will not be given a refund of their entry fee.
- Cultus Lake Resort employees and/or owners have the right to disqualify any entrant for not obeying the rules provided above.
1st Prize - $1,200 & Trophy
2nd Prize - $800 & Trophy
3rd Prize - $500 & Trophy
4th Prize - $300
5th Prize - $200
6th Prize - $100
The Lower Deschutes in Maupin is a solid choice for trout fishingDeschutes River- Lower
The Lower Deschutes in Maupin is a solid choice for trout fishing, with Euro Nymphs (Blue Perdigon is a favorite...... Read More
The Fall river has been fishing wellFall River
The Fall river has been fishing well. Nymphing will be the best method for all times of day. Duracells, eggs,...... Read More
Steelhead fishing has been slow on the ChetcoChetco River
Steelhead fishing has been slow on the Chetco, lower Rogue, Elk and Sixes rivers reports Andy Martin of Wild Rivers...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net