Fish Report for 12-1-2022
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Follow the #25DaysOfFishmas
ODFW uses this hashtag each December to highlight unique species of Oregon fish. This year’s we’re focusing on minnows of Oregon, including the first fish to ever be delisted from the Endangered Species List, the Oregon chub. Starting Dec. 1, look for it on www.Twitter.com/myodfw and www.instagram.com/myodfw.
Sign up for a hunter education field day
We’ve got field days coming up December in Central Point, Hood River and Monmouth. Find more information on MyODFW.com.
New Rogue-South Coast Steelhead Validation and Harvest Tag go on sale Jan. 1, 2023
Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, all winter steelhead anglers in the Rogue Basin and on the south coast will need a Rogue-South Coast Steelhead Validation from Dec. 1 to April 30. (In the initial year, the season is Jan. 1 to April 30.) In addition, anglers will need a new harvest tag to keep wild winter steelhead in this area.
The new validations will provide more accurate harvest information and close annual harvest loopholes on certain daily licenses. Learn more about this new validation and harvest tag.
Not too soon to report your hunt
Remember, if you bought a tag in 2022 you must report your hunt by Jan. 31, 2023 – even if you weren’t successful or didn’t hunt.
Best bets for fishing
- With recent rains there has been a good push of winter steelhead into several coastal rivers and streams.
- Town Lake continues to get surplus hatchery summer steelhead, offering a unique fishing experience.
- The rain this week could bring the season’s first winter steelhead into the Coos and Coquille basins.
- Anglers have been catching coho in Siltcoos, Tahkenitch and Tenmile lakes.
- Big burly broodstock trout are going into Cottage Grove Pond this week.
- About 60 “retired” summer steelhead were put into Junction City Pond last week.
Upper Rogue Oak Initiative awarded $2.78 million for habitat restorationRogue River- Upper
ASHLAND, Ore. – ODFW in partnership with the Klamath Siskiyou Oak Network (KSON) received a $2.78 million federal grant from the...... Read More
Umatilla River Fishing ReportUmatilla River
Trout fishing on the Umatilla River, and its tributaries, closed Oct. 31. Bass and other warmwater species remain open all...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net