Fish Report for 9-7-2023
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Wild coho seasons announced for some coastal rivers
Best bets for weekend fishing
As we move into fall expect salmon and trout fishing to pick up. Once we get a little rain, fishing will be even better.
- Fall Chinook fishing picked up on the North Coast estuaries this week with reports of fish being caught in Nestucca and Tillamook Bays.
- On the Rogue, anglers are picking up quite a few Chinook in the estuary and lower river.
- On the Coos River, anglers have been catching Chinook from Charleston all the way up to Chandler Bridge.
- Half-pounder steelhead have started moving upriver in the Rogue.
- The season's first push of coho should show up any day now on the Clackamas and Sandy rivers.
- Now that the heat and crowds have receded, fishing on Quartzville Creek can be excellent.
- The green drake hatch is underway on the Metolius River.
- Anglers continue to report good trout fishing and excellent kokanee fishing on Paulina Lake.
- Magone and Olive lakes, and the headwaters of the Imnaha are good bets for some early fall trout fishing in the NE Zone.
- Size, abundance and quality of crab are increasing in our local bays and estuaries. Crabbing is currently good out of Depoe Bay, Newport and Waldport.
Big game hunting forecast
Elk and deer archery seasons open this Saturday. Here what ODFW biologists have to say about over-winter survival and early season hunting conditions. Check out conditions for your hunt.
Game bird hunting forecast
Grouse, mourning dove, and western Oregon quail hunting open Sept. 1 and biologists predict an excellent year for upland birds but a mixed bag for waterfowl. Learn more.
E-tagging tips for hunters and anglers
It's important for both hunters and anglers to tag their harvest immediately, which means they'll need to know how to navigate the MyODFW app outside of cell phone range. Here are some tips e-tagging in the field.
Chinook retention reopens at Buoy 10 on Sept. 8
CLACKAMAS, Ore.—Fishery managers from Oregon and Washington added additional Chinook fishing opportunity for the popular Buoy 10 fishery on the...... Read More
ODFW Recreation Report
Big game hunting forecast Elk and deer archery seasons open this Saturday. Here what ODFW biologists have to say about over-winter...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net