Fish Report for 2-1-2024
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Includes updates to fishing, crabbing and clamming
Two rods allowed for Willamette spring Chinook
Anglers will be able to use their two-rod validation in the Willamette River this year for hatchery spring Chinook and all other fish except sturgeon, beginning March 1 downstream of Willamette Falls and May 1 upstream of Willamette Falls. Learn more.
Put ice fishing on ice
Ice conditions on many waterbodies have deteriorated quickly. Some waterbodies that were safe for ice fishing a few weeks ago now pose a serious risk. We don't recommend ice fishing right now. Instead, wait until enough ice has melted to allow for safe fishing from the bank.
Best bets for weekend fishing
Trout and winter steelhead still offer the best bets for fishing.
- For some anglers, it's all about winter steelhead right now. The same recent rains that made it hard for anglers, have been good for fish. Check the NW and SW zone reports for updates and current conditions.
- Also good: Trout fishing on lakes and reservoirs with plenty of open water, and plenty of trout left over from stocking last spring and summer. Check the zone reports for suggestions.
- Finally, anglers can target native trout year-round on several eastside rivers like the Deschutes, Fall, Metolius and Blitzen.
Check out the zone reports for more information and options.
February classes, workshops, field days
- Introduction to hunting in Oregon – various dates in Portland, Troutdale, Newport and Tualatin.
- Steelhead fishing 101 – Feb. 10-11 in Troutdale.
- Adult hunter education field days -- Feb. 24 in Monmouth.
Find more details, including how to register.
Poacher drops Oregon moose population by one.
ONTARIO, Ore. — Poachers shot a cow moose in a field near the town of Ontario on Jan. 16, and...... Read More
ODFW sets minimum Willamette forecast for allowing two rods at 34,000 adult hatchery spring ChinookWillamette River
CLACKAMAS, Ore.—Anglers will be able to use their two-rod validation in the Willamette River this year for hatchery spring Chinook...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net