Fish Report for 2-13-2020
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Fish for free this weekend
It’s Free Fishing Weekend Feb. 15 & 16
This weekend you won’t need a license, tag or endorsement to fish, crab or clam anywhere in Oregon that’s open – to fishing, crabbing and clamming. Looking for some ideas? We happen to have some.
- It’s prime winter steelhead fishing on the north and mid-coast, and rivers should be in great shape for at least the early part of the weekend.
- The Sandy and Clackamas rivers also will be prime for good winter steelheading.
- Some anglers have been catching their limits of hatchery steelhead on the South Umpqua.
- Several waterbodies along the mid-coast, and in the Willamette and SW zones will be stocked with trout this week.
- Trout fishing has been good (and for big fish, too) in Priday, Krumbo and Malheur reservoirs.
- And for something a little different, check out the wiper fishing in Ana Reservoir.
- Some extra large trout (three pounders) will be stocked in several north Willamette waterbodies just in time for Free Fishing weekend: Henry Hagg Lake (500), St, Louis Ponds (500), EE Wilson Pond (500), Sheridan Pond (150) and Willamina Pond (150).
Add a Premium Hunt application to your shopping cart
You could draw an additional deer, elk or pronghorn tag
Premium Hunts are your chance to draw a second tag in addition to your controlled or general season tag. Application deadline is May 15, but you don’t have to wait ‘til then to apply.
Sign up for Hunter Education
There are classes and field days open now
If you’ve got new hunters in your family, sign them up now for their hunter education, which is required for all hunters 18 and under.
OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Reportsfor Wednesday, February 12th
Alsea River: Steelhead Fishing Has Slowed Down
Siletz River: High Waters and Blown Out Conditions Last Week Slowed Down Fishing
Siuslaw River: Steelhead Fishing Has Improved
Umpqua River: Umpqua River Fishing Report
Nehalem River: The Nehalem is Almost in Shape
Nestucca River: Nestucca is Coming into Prime Shape
Wilson River: Wilson is Still Fishing Well
Coquille River: Coquille River Report
Trask River: Trask Just Recently Dropped into Shape
Chetco River: Steelhead are here!
Halibut Public Meeting Reminder / Survey and Background Materials Online
Feb. 12th Public Meeting in Newport OR for the Central Coast spring recreational all-depth halibut season ODFW will host its annual pre-season...... Read More
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net