Fish Report for 10-13-2022
ODFW Recreation Report
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Learn how to duck hunt
ODFW will be offering two two-day duck hunting workshops on Nov. 12-13 in the Portland area and Nov. 19-20 near Coos Bay. Day one will focus on duck biology and habitat, calling, how and where to hunt, plus a half-day shotgun skills clinic. Day two features an actual duck hunt at an ODFW wildlife area. Learn more and register.
Turn in wings and tails
Grouse and mountain quail hunters, please turn in your bird’s wings and tails – our biologist use them to help assess bird populations and set seasons. Use this map to find blue collection barrels where you hunt.
Best bets for weekend fishing
Enjoy what’s left of this never-ending summer and get out fishing this weekend. It will be cold and wet soon enough.
- Fall Chinook and coho salmon fishing has been fair in the North Coast bays.
- In the SW Zone, Saunders Lake, Powers Pond and Middle Empire Lake are scheduled to be stocked with trophy trout this week. Bradley and Butterfield lakes also have been stocked recently.
- More than 13,000 coho salmon have been counted at Willamette Falls. While the river is still low, these fish will tend to concentrate at the mouths of tributary rivers such as the Yamhill, Mollala, Rickreall, Luckiamute and the Santiam, waiting for the fall rains.
- Trout fishing on the North Fork Santiam above Detroit Reservoir can be excellent this time of year. With winter approaching, trout are hungry and biting.
- There are still good numbers of large hatchery rainbow in the McKenzie River from Finn Rock Boat Landing down to Hendricks Bridge.
- Anglers report good kokanee fishing in the Metolius arm of Lake Billy Chinook.
- Fall River was recently stocked with trophy-sized rainbow trout and will receive another stocking of trophies this week.
- Yellow perch fishing remains good in multiple locations in the Klamath area, including the Williamson River, Crystal Creek and Fourmile Creek (Canal).
- In the hike-in lakes in the Sky Lakes and Mountain Lake wilderness areas the brook trout are moving into the shallows to spawn. Fishing should be excellent.
Get legal shooting hours online
Bird hunters can check legal shooting hours on their phone. Bookmark this page.
ODFW Recreation Report
Grande Ronde steelhead workshop Join ODFW and its partners for Steelhead Fishing 101 on the Grande Ronde River near Troy on...... Read More
OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Reportsfor Wednesday, October 5th, 2022
Upper Klamath Lake: Most redband trout have moved back to the lake
Klamath River - Upper - OR: Klamath River Fishing Report
Lake Of The Woods: Lake of the Woods has been stocked heavily
Miller Lake: Hatchery rainbow trout are still available
Sprague River: Best fishing is near the town of Beatty
North Fork Sprague River: Water temperatures have decreased
South Fork Sprague River: Fishing for redband trout is best near Blaisdell
Wood River: Fishing for brown trout and redband trout should be good this week
Applegate Reservoir: The elevation of the reservoir is dropping close to the1,908-foot mark
Ben Irving Reservoir: Bass fishing may be good for a few more weeks
Chetco River: Salmon fishing has been good for boat anglers in the estuary
Cooper Creek Reservoir: Bluegill fishing is likely to remain good for a few weeks
Elk River: Elk River Fishing Report
Fish Lake : Fish Lake is filling with the input of various springs
Howard Prairie Reservoir: Howard Prairie remains at 6 percent full
Illinois River: Illinois River Fishing Report
Rogue River - Middle: Some fall Chinook have been caught but fishing is slow
Rogue River- Upper: Reservoir releases have dropped to their typical October levels
Sixes River: Sixes River Fishing Report
Winchuck River: Slow
Alsea River: Fall Chinook fishing has been good on the Alsea
Kilchis River: Trout fishing is fair
Miami River: Trout fishing is fair
Necanicum River: Fall Chinook are available in the estuary
Nehalem River: Fall Chinook fishing has improved on Nehalem Bay
Nestucca River: Fall Chinook fishing is fair to good in Nestucca Bay
Trask River: Trask River Fishing Report
Wilson River: Summer steelhead are still available to catch in the Wilson River
Eagle Creek: Eagle Creek is currently low and clear
Foster Reservoir: The drawdown of the reservoir for winter storage capacity has started
Green Peter Reservoir: The water level in this reservoir is slowly beginning to drop
Sandy River: Coho fishing has been off to a slow start
Santiam River ( North Fork) : Santiam River North Fork Report
Santiam River (South Fork): Currently flows are around 1,500 cfs
Willamette River: Anglers should confirm access before they go
Wickiup Reservoir: Wickiup Reservoir Fishing Report
Umatilla River: Fishing on the Umatilla for fall Chinook has been very good
Website Hosting and Design provided by TECK.net